Guardian Home Qualifications
Guardians must meet the following minimum set of requirements:
- Live within an hour of Houston, Texas
- Have a fenced in yard
- Have adequate knowledge on caring for a puppy
- Provide the dog with proper health care and exercise
- Keep up with grooming (both professionally and at home) including regular brushing and bathing
- Feed the dog only approved foods and supplements
- Be willing to keep the dog inside and never leave the dog unattended outside
- Be willing to neuter or spay other dogs in the home unless otherwise approved by us and never allow the dog to mate with any unapproved dogs
- If you are a guardian for a female dog, you must be willing to drop her off for 1 week while she is bred and then 1 week prior to her whelping date. She will stay with us until the puppies are weaned (usually around 6-8 weeks).
- If you are a guardian for a male dog, you must be willing to take him to the vet for breedings and allow our vet technician to make house calls for shipped semen
- Be able to communicate with us, the breeder, about scheduling testing, mating, whelping and anything else breeding related.
- Be willing to cherish and love this dog as a permanent member of their family, and involve them in family activities so they have a rich, full, happy life.